post conference materials:
Held in the historic city of Cambridge, this conference was the first in a planned series of international conferences on serious games, i.e. game software applications that are designed to do more than entertain. The conference was a huge success and we would like to thank all those who participated to make this possible.
If you would like any further information on this years event or would like to express your interest in Serious Games on the Move 09 please contact us at INSPIRE.
Our photographers were busy working thoroughout the event and the conference photos are available to view and download from Flickr.com.
Download the Conference Handbook for the full range of abstracts, presenter details and conference materials from this year's event.
- A Platform for Server-Side Support of mobile Game-Based Learning' (p.p.t) - from m.G.B.L.
- A Virtual Infection Control Simulation (p.p.t) - by Andy Pulman and Mark Shufflebottom.
- Learning programming with a Real-Time Strategy (RTS)-based Serious Game (p.p.t) - by Mathieu Muratet, Jean-Pierre Jessel and Patrice Torguet.
- Learning to Play to Learn (p.p.t) : Activity System as Reflection - by Alan Amory.
- Fastest First and Crisis (p.p.t): Creating Innovative Mobile Learning Games on the Basis of Quiz Templates - by Brigitte Krenn, Andreas Böhme, Alice Mitchell
- Potential prejudice (p.p.t.) against mobile learning games in Croatian University students - by Vladimir Takšić, Ivana Ilijašić Mišić and Edvard Tijan
- Machinima and Cineliteracy (p.p.t.): learning film-making virtually - by Saint John Walker and Matt Kelland
- Definition of user requirements (p.p.t) concerning mobile learning games within the mGBL project - by Emanuel Maxland Astrid Tarkus
- eMapps.com R.D. Plenary context and results (p.p.t) - emapps.com
- eMapps.com workshop Game Based Mobile Learning Platform (p.p.t) - emapps.com Roger Blamire
- Digital Lifestyles (p.d.f) - by Gerit Gotzenbrucker.
- A Strategy Team Gaming Environment to Develop Sensible Organisation Capability (p.d.f) - by Helen Hasan.
- Mobile Technologies for Second Language Learning (p.d.f) - by Mashanum Osman.
- A Haptic Game-Based Learning Environment to Teach Veterinary Students Manual Skills (p.d.f) - by Neil Forrest and Sarah Baillie.
- Learning 'n Virtual Worlds (p.d.f) - by Leonie Ramondt.
Selected papers have been published with ISBN by Springer, Vienna entitled 'Serious Games on the Move' - Otto Petrovic, Anthony Brand; and in a special issue of the Networks series published by INSPIRE (date for publication to be confirmed).